Learn to Sew - Adults
Three lessons run over three Saturday's with projects designed to teach you the basics of sewing and then build on those skills.
You will complete three projects over the three weeks - if you have some basic experience but would like to build on it then you can also choose a single day.
You will learn:
- The parts of your sewing machine and how to thread and wind a bobbin.
- Choose threads and needles appropriate for your project
- How to sew straight simple seams, how to handle curves and corners
- Zippers and hemming techniques
- Simple Pattern adjustments
29th January - Learn the basics - Project: Linen cushion cover
5th February - Zippers and Pattern Reading - Project: Makeup pouch
12th February - Curves, linings and Pattern reading - Project: Round storage bin
Cost includes: Fabric of your choice, patterns, threads, additional notes, tuition and use of sewing machine if required.
Maximum class size - 8 people